Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grapes are Footballs- Carrots are Cheesy Puffs

This is how Joseph interpreted his dinner the other evening...Grapes = footballs, Carrots = cheesy puffs...

Since the last time I posted, we have had a month full of fun! We now have a small pool on the deck for the kids to dip in when we're not trekking it to the zoo. They have had fun playing in it, especially running and jumping in! We purchased a zoo membership and have already taken several trips to enjoy the animals in the evenings.

We've taken a break the past few days- it's been hot, hot, hot! We've stayed indoors to keep cool and sunburn-free. Too, Joseph is getting over an ear infection, which we're treating with antibiotics. After one day of medicine, he was already another child!

I'm starting an "Out Of The Mouth Of Joseph" series of posts because of the zany concepts he has been sharing with us. The first I have to share (and I could share at least five others off the top of my head!) happened after we met James downtown at work last week. I had just pulled out of the parking spot and headed down Muhammad when the light at Fourth Street Live turned red. I stopped for the light, and yielded to pedestrians. Lunchtime is a very congested time of the day in this area. Large groups of people headed for lunch, while others were making their way across the street listening to their iPods or talking on the phone. As I sat waiting for the light to change, I heard from behind my seat in the smallest voice: "Move please". This was Joseph using his manners and requesting that the pedestrians move! I laughed all the way home!

A few pics for your enjoyment:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sweet. We want to go to the zoo with you. We'll have to pick a not so hot day and me, you and the kiddos will make a day of it!!!! Sound like a party??? I miss you!!!! and how stupid is that, we live like 30 minutes apart!!!!

Lacey said...

So cute! Love the pool pic! Chloe's hair is growing like crazy, isn't it? I've got a photo request, please....could you take & post a headshot of Miss Chloe so we can see her little do? :- )